Now That's Tasty!

Thursday 23 June 2011

Is it Friday yet?

I know it's not polite to gawk, but I just can't help myself
Midweek slump, and all I want is a juicy piece of rump.

I've raved about shu maai, dumplings and the perfect bowl of soup, but truth be told, there's nary a thing that could suppress my never-ending appetite for a quality piece of beef; Mercado Brazilian Steakhouse, in Apgujeong, will satisfy (if only temporarily) the most monstrous of appetites and the most discerning of palates.

My boy, Alan carving up the rump

What has become a pay day tradition amongst my crew and I is just another reason why I am always itching for my cheque to come through. If you've never experienced a proper Brazilian BBQ, this is as good a place as any to start...and if you don't manage to make it out alive, a fitting end for any carnivorous creature. Not to be sexist or crude, but if you are a man, and your wet dream doesn't include any of the following then kindly check your purse at the door, sir: all you can eat...meat...on a sword. Oh, and it's slowly roasted over a pit of open flame. The only way this meal could get any better is if table-side service was provided by Victoria's Secret models. "Three more bacon wrapped fillet mignons would be lovely, Giselle! And, please do tell Heidi that her rump was divine! Simply melted in my mouth..."

An outside cut of rump steak
Ok, enough of my uncouth fantasies. All hyperbole aside, Mercado's serves 100% imported Australian beef of the finest quality; from succulent rump steak, bacon wrapped fillet mignon, sirloin, veal and garlic steak, to bone sucking chicken legs and bloody good chicken hearts! Sided by beautifully colored coleslaw, velvety mashed potatoes, garlic rice, sauteed veggies in oil and expertly tailored, hand-made chili sauce; I don't think I could ever utter an unfavorable adjective about the calibre of the food, nor the quality of the service. This place is on fire!

Payday couldn't come sooner.
Bacon wrapped fillet mignon
Nice rack!!

1 comment:

  1. You had me salivating - and grinning - and feeling proud of your writing style. Go man go! DAL

    ReplyDelete