Now That's Tasty!

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Getting Fried

The duk bo gi stand has once again solidified itseld as one of my most beloved aspects of Korean cultural cuisine...and I hit the jackpot with one particular vendor in Busan over the weekend.

The tasty, spicy and textural cacophony that is duk bo gi (boiled rice cakes in chili sauce), along with odeng (scewers of boiled fish cakes) in a salty, spicy fish broth, and the all important and ever tempting mountains of fried treats (shrimp, octopus, stuffed chilies, kim bap, peppers, dumplings, potato pancakes, and the list goes on) keep me in constant flux between my cravings and my creeping coronary...should I continue to indulge to such an uninhibited extent.

In hindsight it seems utterly rediculous, however, at the time I felt as though stopping for a shrimp...or 5 at every passing was not only reasonable, it was necessary. After all, when and order of duk, 2 fish scewers, 4 shrimps and 2 stuffed chilies leaves a negligible W3,000 blemish to the pocket book, its tough to resist. Not to mention the fact that I was forced to cross paths with the stand en route to any and every major destination during my stay. Alas, I managed to amass a respectable 6 visits in a mere 2 days.

My stomach was loving me, my heart and liver...maybe not so much.

I tired to propose to the lady who runs the stand...I don't think she understood me

No comments:

Post a Comment