Now That's Tasty!

Saturday 14 December 2013

Photo of the Day: Chicken Chiang Mai

I'm going to one of the best Portuguese chicken joints in Toronto for dinner this evening – Churrasco Villa on Eglinton – and it got me reminiscing...

While I've never been to Portugal, I've indulged in my fair share of foul around the world. Perhaps one scene that resonated with me the most was a display of fried chicken heads in a market near Chiang Mai, Thailand. Not only was the ephemeral layout being picked through with hungry haste as the morning's visitors stocked up on snacks for the day, but what a presentation! From the strike of the blade across their necks to the crispy comb on the top of their heads, it was a sight to be heralded.

Of course, it made for a marvellously meaty breakfast alongside some suspect mystery sausage and a handful of mangosteen... I always eat a balanced diet...



No comments:

Post a Comment