Now That's Tasty!

Saturday 20 October 2012

Ode to my second home: Sky Dragon

It's been a long time coming! I've probably gorged myself with steamers full of Sky Dragon dim sum dozens of times since I started blogging about food. In fact, Sky Dragon is almost undoubtedly my most frequented restaurant of all time! Without exaggeration, I've probably dined at The Sky more times than Tim Hortons, Starbucks and McDonalds combined (not that I ever ate there with any consistence). But I digress. 

Sky Dragon is more than just a traditional cart service dim sum spot on the top floor of Dragon City Centre, at the southwest corner of Dundas and Spadina, in the heart of Toronto's lively Chinatown--it's a tradition amongst my friends and my family, a place where I feel comfortable and at home, and a dim sum eating experience that is largely unparalleled in this city. I know this all sounds like a cheesy advertorial, but my feelings are genuine. After so many great memories, and of course great meals, writing this review was the easiest and perhaps most pleasurable of my 'ill-ustrious' career.

I've often joked to my friends that this is the place that I'll hold my wedding some day. And if I can find a wife that will agree to it, then it is REALLY meant to be! Wedding or not, Sky Dragon will always be my first love.

Thanks, Sky, for all the great times!

Read my blogTO review of Sky Dragon here.

It's all in the details. Such a touch of class.
Crispy fried egg wontons with shrimp and chive

A magical spread of fried shrimp balls and coconut shrimp
Ham Sui Gok
Honey garlic beef ribs
Puffy shrimp rolls
Fried smelt (duo luan yu)
Preggo innards. Eating unborn fish babies is delicious!!!
Seamed snow pea shoots
Fried taro stuffed with minced pork
Stuffed crab claw


I swear, I don't know these white people!


No comments:

Post a Comment