Now That's Tasty!

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Into the frying pan and over the fire

After one of my longest periods away from the kitchen since I fell in love with the art about a half-dozen years ago, I finally had a paycheck in hand and a meagerly stocked kitchen...but it was enough to marinate some breasts, chop up some veggies and put together a proper home cooked meal for one.

On the menu for this evening we have a seedy mustard and balsamic marinated breast of chicken with a single malt and soy pan sauce accompanied by sauteed oyster mushrooms, fire roasted green pepper and steamed rice. 




I marinated the chicken overnight in old fashioned seedy dijon mustard and a balsamic and olive oil dressing that had shallots, fresh garlic, salt, pepper and a little bit of sugar and rubbed the chicken with fresh ground sea salt and black pepper. 





After getting the chicken into the pan with some olive oil and a bit of sea salt I quickly flame roasted a green pepper and then cooled it in some cold water and removed some of the charred skin.

I sauteed my oyster mushrooms in olive oil (would have used butter if I had acquired it yet) sea salt, black pepper and basil and tossed in the sliced green pepper at the end just to warm them back up. 
For the pan sauce I added a couple dashes of single malt scotch, water (because I have no stock) and a little bit of soy sauce. 

(seedy mustard and balsamic marinated breast of chicken with a single malt and soy pan sauce accompanied by sauteed oyster mushrooms, fire roasted green pepper and steamed rice. )

It feels good to eat like I'm home again! 
And I've got a breast of leftover chicken sliced up and ready for a beauty of a sandwich in the next few. Fuckin' right, Now That's Tasty!

1 comment:

  1. Atta boy Jay! Glad I got in touch, why would I think for even a second that you're not up to something interesting... this site, Korea, mouth-watering recipes!! Nice. Take'r ease man and enjoy... not sure how to say cheers in Korean though in Japanese it's- Kumpai!!

    PJ

    ReplyDelete