Now That's Tasty!

Saturday 30 April 2011

Mountains of meat

As I was looking for hiking boots yesterday for my eventual journey to Nepal (which couldn't come soon enough) I was reminded of a recent meal of mountainous proportions--The Himalayan Steak Sandwich from Smokey's Saloon in Apgujeong.
In many ways I hate to post about foods that originate so far away from my current local, but then again, there's always something to be said for a good sandwich...especially in this country where they're not.easy to come by.

Smokey's Saloon is a welcome escape from kimchi and rice, serving up fat, filling burgers, sandwiches, wings, salad and chili fries. One of my favourite aspects of Smokey's is that all of their barely-biteable sandwiches come with a side of jalapeno peppers and real baby dill pickles (much to my chigrin, this country does not welcome a pickle that isn't sweet).
Conquoring the Himalayan Steak Sandwich in all of its meaty, cheesy glory was a bit of an intestinal battle, but it has brought me one step closer to one of my lifelong dreams of climbing the mountains in Nepal.

...maybe I'm exaggerating just a little bit too much there.

No comments:

Post a Comment